Soups are another great way to get in a lot of vegetables in a tasty way. Make one in the beginning of the week to start off on the right foot with plenty of leftovers to keep you eating healthy all week long!
- Chop onion, pepper, and jalepeno. Drain and rinse beans.
- In a large pot sauté onions peppers and corn on medium heat with a tablespoon of vegetable broth. Add the garlic powder and chipotle seasoning and stir frequently. Once vegetables begin to soften add both cans of diced tomatoes and black beans. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetable broth and stir in the nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil.
- Bring the heat down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take the pot off heat, add the pepper and cumin and mix.
- Let cool for 3 minutes and serve.
- Top each bowl with chopped avocado.
- 2 cans of black beans (low sodium/no salt added)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalepeno pepper
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutritional yeast
- dash of pepper and cumin
- 1/2 avocado (for garnish)
Makes 4-6 servings.